Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
April Hawk

Just Downloaded the free version BT Arise

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have just downloaded the free Joomla 2.5 template BT Arise. I am trying to test it out but I am having difficulty getting started.

I would like to have something like the demo when finished. I am unable to figure out the slide show on the front page, and the other topics you have on the front page. I did see a Video tutorial however looks like a demo for 1.5

Do you have any step by step documentation on how I should get started. I have a lot to do I think this is the look we want, but I need to know it is not going to be a nightmare to up keep. I only say that because early on I tried to change the theme color to deep blue and it just stays on green. There is an option on the front page for me to change the color, but I want to disable that for users.

I am not giving up just yet, So please feel free to offer up any suggestions that may help me move forward.

Thanks in advance

Just download the quickstart package and install it, instead of installing template on your actuall joomla.

And the slideshows is module called BT_slideshow, find it in your modules.

Awesome, Thank You So Much, I feel bad because that seemed like a dumb question, you have no idea how much I appreciate the help. I got it up and running.

I have one more....The cpanel on the front page allows me to change the color of the site, however in the admin I try to change it to deep blue, however the colors still stay default green. I can change it as a user or visitor, but what if I want the default to be deep blue??

Oh god you sir are noob :)

Anyway i did some quick research, and changing it is easy.

Extensions > Template menager > bt_arise

Then you have different tabs there, just choose PROFILE tab, and scroll little bit down. There are ADVANCED SETTINGS > THEME SETTINGS there ( u must click this down pointer on the right to make it is visible tho)

Then, in the theme settings, just choose which one you want to have as default. So i did this, check it. http://crmfirma.pl/

You will propably want to remove this cpanel from people view, since it can even hide some content like Bt Content slide show disappear with some settings, go to profiles>user tools>hide everything.

Tam Pham likes this

lol Thanks HUUUGGGEEEE! I am such a noob and dopey tooo. Thanks again bro you made my day.

Lastly can you direct me to the documentation to explain how to set up the mega menu

I ask because the Mega Menu seems to be part of the the T3, there does not seem to be any documentation that I can find. I did find some documentation however earlier versions of Joomla, not the 2.5 that I am using, particularly the part about adding images or icons. When I go to http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Navigation it has a help file that says select the icon image, yet there is no icon image in my version selection.

I can't find anything on troubleshooting either for the bow theme template. For example when I add a test module to one of the menus, or if the drop down to the menu reaches far enough past the bt_Slideshow, the content of that drop down appears behind the images in the slideshow, blocking the content of the drop down.

another helpful hint from bow theme would be a module position chart with their names so I can get a clear way to display the contents of my site when I am planning.

Any direction would be great. I don't mind learning this stuff on my own I have read quite bit on the T3 Framework and I am just realizing the differences of how themes play apart of it. Very cool stuff. I also wanted to say thank to the responses I get in this forum......extremely helpful. Thanks again

Hi a6april,

another helpful hint from bow theme would be a module position chart with their names so I can get a clear way to display the contents of my site when I am planning.

Please read this topic.

yet there is no icon image in my version selection.

default template Arise hidden icon image. However you can edit it. Please go to file: ../templates/bt_arise/css/menu/mega.css and edit.

Line 30

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega span.menu-desc{
display: block;
}

when I add a test module to one of the menus, or if the drop down to the menu reaches far enough past the bt_Slideshow, the content of that drop down appears behind the images in the slideshow, blocking the content of the drop down.

Please reset z-index to 1 for .box_skitter .container_skitter

Hope it help you.

Regards,

Tampt.