Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick

[SOLVED] Maintaining aspect ratio

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

First of all thanks for a great module - it works really well.

I'm not sure how to make sure that images maintain their aspect ratio when a browser window is shrunk.

In the module example images always maintain correct proportions.

When I try to reduce the browser window on my installation images become squashed.

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and Gantry 3.2.20.

Do you recommend using a different template framework? Will this effect the way the module is displayed?

Thanks for your help here.

Regards,

nickwalks

Hi Nickwalks,

Background Images will always be displayed maintaining aspect ratio to fit the window size. You can see in the demo page and you can install BT Background SlideShow in any templates you want. Current we have BT Photography http://www.bowthemes.com/bt-photography.html.

If you have any other problems, plz feels free to contact us, send an email to extensions@bowthemes.com with your access details!

I'm not sure how to make sure that images maintain their aspect ratio when a browser window is shrunk.

In the module example images always maintain correct proportions.

When I try to reduce the browser window on my installation images become squashed...

Same issues here. Tried different frameworks and browsers. I used the latest module version. Your DEMO is working differently, but I don't see an option to change this in my test installs. Your DEMO cuts/crops the background... MY display is squashed. It reverts to normal aspect ratio ON THE NEXT IMAGE.

PS: Except for this issue... the best SuperSized Joomla Integration I have seen so far!

BTW, recently I tested a WP theme with SuperSized 3.2.7. It had also backend parameters with the following options. Maybe this is of help for you... (see screenshot)

mod_bt_backgroundslideshow 1.1.1 with Joomla 2.5.6 on firefox 13 and Chrome doesn't work properly.

Crop option to "yes" does not work at all. Background slideshow seems to start but stops and shows nothing.

options for stretching , keeping aspect ratios, portrait oriented pictures ... etc would be very welcome.

mod_bt_backgroundslideshow 1.1.1 with Joomla 2.5.6 on firefox 13 and Chrome doesn't work properly. Crop option to "yes" does not work at all. Background slideshow seems to start but stops and shows nothing.

CanĀ“t replicate you personal issues. Did you check your browser error console? Sounds like Scripts-Conflicts. I have seen similar problems with PixelPointCreative's plugin version... it was a collision with other jQuery stuff from the template.

Except for the stretching/squashing on window resize, I have no problems, yet.

I wonder why the online demo does work so well?! B) :unsure:

I am not sure if the online demo is newer or even older than my downloaded version 1.1.1

I compared the online demo default.js with my file (v1.1.1) and found some differences. Two lines add an auto-width CSS property. And there is an additional function called "controlPosition".

I exchanged my file with the online demo content.

(working file from online demo is zipped and attached below!)

You may replace your own file in the following location...:

modules -> mod_bt_backgroundslideshow -> tmpl -> js -> default.js

Please, post your experiences.

@Developer

Is this a possible and reliable solution?

@pepperstreet

I didn't compare the two files. However I can confirm that I downloaded the file you posted and replaced with the version (1.1.1?) I had installed and hey presto it worked! My time has been limited to researching this in full so a big thank you for investigating this and finding a solution!

@Developer

Can you confirm this is the best/reliable solution?

Is the demo version default.js a newer file than 1.1.1?

The filesize is definitely larger.

@Lampiew

When I switched crop option to 'yes' I received an error message and the slideshow didn't work at all. I suspected a conflict but didn't have the time to research further. Answer: switched it to 'no'...

@pepperstreet

you're right, demo version default.js is a newer file than 1.1.1. We will update it & sorry you :(

@nickwalks

The file attachment posted by pepperstreet is a best solution!

@Lampiew

that is a bug! :(

That worked ;) Was a bit anxious that it would destoy some database stuff. thanks.

But than...

The crop doesn't do anything. It does show the pictures now. When I crop it to - for example- 400x300, the background image is still stretched to full browser size.

Also the align control button set to right, results in a control button on the left.

Crop function only crop background original image to new size in backend configs! The main purpose of this function makes all input images have the same size to begin starting slideshow. So, sometimes you won't see any change!

Also the align control button set to right, results in a control button on the left. 

Thank you very much! We will check more carefully!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0