Mark1350035055

BT Login from Joomla Main Menu item click

75 posts in this topic

Hi, I did this on my site quite easily. Fine tuning is easy but time-consuming the register modal is also shown next to the login button. The menu item for login and register is the same, it's only 1 for the BT login module. Here's an image to help. The BT login menu item is called Login in this image.

If you would like to see how it looks please go to: http://oldschoolfighters.com/

ilDIf0R5EEY3c.PNG

ibzjKgYhcqUzs2.PNG

chinhpv likes this

I tried to follow your instructions here as what you have on your site looks just like I want. But when I followed what you put here my home page just went blank. Did you change anything in the actual module settings? In the module settings did you set a location for the module?

Many thanks Jim

I did not edit any of the module manually, except for the CSS which was to make it match my existing menu. I have no clue why your entire site goes blank, perhaps try debugging it with firebug or chrome's built in developer tools, since you can see errors with them. The module does not get a location, since it will be assigned in the menu; however, the stock joomla menu is lacking on features so you will have to find one that allows modules in the menu (since that is what it is essentially), I use Ice Mega Menu from Ice Theme.

http://www.icetheme.com/joomla-extensions/icemegamenu.html

Also, on a side note, the ACP theme I am using is Mission Control by Rocket Theme, so my screenshots may not match up quite right with your layout.

Hi, I did this on my site quite easily.

hi, icomrade, apparently you did this with help of "IceMegaMenu" extension.

Now, I want to just link a Joomla core menu item to BT Login module pop-up form, without any other menu extension. Can you do this?

I noticed that BT Login module v2.4.1 has an option "Login tags", but I don't know how to use it.

Anyone can help me? Thanks.

I am pretty sure that the stock Joomla! module (for 2.5.x) does not allow modules to be displayed inside the menu, I could be wrong though. I am also not familiar with the new module option you are talking about, perhaps there is some documentation on it? If not you could always start a new thread on how to use it.

I know Joomla core menu module can not load another module in the mainmenu. But, I want to use one menu item to "link" to the module, because BT Login module offers an option of "Login tags" to allow pop-up form triggered by a text with specific Tags.

I just don't know how to use this Tags feature.

I know Joomla core menu module can not load another module in the mainmenu. But, I want to use one menu item to "link" to the module, because BT Login module offers an option of "Login tags" to allow pop-up form triggered by a text with specific Tags.

I just don't know how to use this Tags feature.

Hi, to do it, you can get "class or "id" of element you want to active Login or Registration panel when click on, then enter it in param "Login tag" or "Registration tag", in admin module(with "class" let's enter it together with '.' character and with "id" let's enter it together '#').

Hope it help you.

Thanks!

My operation: Publish the BT Login module to a position that does not exist on the page, and assign this module to all pages.

Then, create a new menu item on the mainmenu, with type "seperator", and "custom css class" as "loginformonmenu".

Now I set the BT Login parameter "Login tags" to ".loginformonmenu".

Is this right? When I click on the "Login/Register" menu item, nothing happened.

When I check the page source code, I saw this :

Login/Register

This is codes around the menu item "Login/Register" .

Please tell me how to let this menu item trigger the BT Login pop-up?

Thanks.

Hi, to do it, you can get "class or "id" of element you want to active Login or Registration panel when click on, then enter it in param "Login tag" or "Registration tag", in admin module(with "class" let's enter it together with '.' character and with "id" let's enter it together '#').Hope it help you.Thanks!

Hi, I need to do the same thing, but I can't for the life of me figure out what you mean,,, Let's say the menu-item ID of the "Login" in the menu is 103. What exactly do I put in the "Login tag" or "Registration tag" to make it pick up your module? I hope you can help.

Hi Imke

Let me explain to you. Please see my attachment.

If i want to choose "K2 Item" menu to open forms I must see class or id of this menu item. As you see its classes are item-548 current and active. "item-548" is main and solid class of this menu item, and current, active are temporary classes.

So, I will use item-548, because it is a class , you must enter to the text boxes as .item-548. If you choose a id you must enter that id with a # instead of dot

Finally "Login tag" parameter is used to open login form or Registration tag is opposite.

I hope this message will be help you.

Enjoy it.

post-106919-0-68216000-1368591826_thumb.

I have read the previous post but I not undestand how opening the BT Login modal popup directly from clicking an item in the main menu. I use joomla 2.5.9 and when I create a new menu item on the mainmenu, with type "textual seperator", I can't insert the class because the field class doesn't exist with this type separator.

Any idea to resolve this issue?

Hi,

thank you for reply. I have a class not an Id.

This is the code of the menu item.

<li class="item-244"><a href="/it/login.html?ml=1" class="modal" target="_blank" rel="{handler:'iframe',size {x:'650',y:'600'}}">Login</a></li>

The site is this , menu item is in the footer the first item in the second column (Log In)

Thanks

I tried but it still does not work. The only solution that comes to mind is to add this code to the voice of the footer Log In

<span class="btl-modal" id="btl-panel-login">Log in </span>

Thanks

BTLogin module is linked to the TEST1 menu item (a title separator), with its class reference '.item-208' indicated in 'Login tags'. The module is published in a non existing position; Joomla! version is 3.2.1.

You can see it at this site.

Hi Paolo.

The module need to be published in a available position.

It can be hidden but must be published on the page.

I checked your source page and didn't see the module.

Please choose other position.

Hi

Please fix the problem by this solution

Open file /mod_bt_login/tmpl/js/default.js

Find this line

if(requireRemove && event.which == 1) btTimeOut = setTimeout('BTLJ("#btl-content > div").slideUp();BTLJ(".btl-panel span").removeClass("active");',10);

And change to

if(requireRemove && event.which == 1 && !event.target.hasClass('btl-modal')) btTimeOut = setTimeout('BTLJ("#btl-content > div").slideUp();BTLJ(".btl-panel span").removeClass("active");',10);

Cheers

Nearly done: the login module pops up, but suddenly rewinds upwards; it is also displayed away from the main menu item (even if it is published in the MENU position).

Thanks for your interest.