Mark1350035055

BT Login from Joomla Main Menu item click

75 posts in this topic

Hi tronghm, and thanks again.

I can see that you have fixed it, i mean there is no login or register buttons, do i need to make the changes that you are mentioning?

Inside the module that pops up user can not register anymore if he has not an account, is this something done on purpose or we have the ability to make it appear again only inside the module and not as a button?

Please find this code in file default.php

<?php if ($enabledRegistration) : ?>
<div class="register-link">
<?php echo sprintf(JText::_('DONT_HAVE_AN_ACCOUNT_YET'),'<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration').'">','</a>');?>
</div>
<?php else: ?>

change it to

<div class="register-link">
<?php echo sprintf(JText::_('DONT_HAVE_AN_ACCOUNT_YET'),'<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration').'">','</a>');?>
</div>

This changing will be allow the register link appears on login form.

:)

Hi tronghm, thanks i did what you said and it works fine now. Just two things to make it perfect: Instead of <div class="register-link"> my default.php is <div id="register-link"> which makes it looks a little better and in your code change i had to remove the last <?php endif; ?> and not only <?php else: ?> cause it had a wrong syntax.

Anyway thank you very much. Your support is great and i will give an excellent review on JED. Thanks again

Hello it seems I too need help with the module not functioning as i want it to with the menu items

Using Rocket theme fusion parameters to set a child item using rocket themes fusion menu options.

But I had another question since I am quite the novice when handling these situations.. how exactly can you hide the buttons(login & register)? would you have to edit the files or can it be done in the module configuration for btlogin?

The site in question is: http://accretion.us/Iono2/

I have not put the module in a position yet due to my inexperience and lack of knowledge on how to make the buttons hidden.

I am running Joomla 3.2.3 and I have the Login menu item in my top menu set as text separator menu type but my version of joomla looks nothing like the images shown by icomrade. Does anyone have a step by step explanation on how to get the BT Login module to show up like it does on Icomrade's website since this is what I want.

Hi Trent.

Icomrade's solution is complete different.

He/she use a menu module that is named Ice Mega Menu.

That module allows user user a module as menu item.

On his/her website, the login and register menu item are 2 buttons of BT Login.

That is different with BT Login's feature.

Use normal menu item to open Login and Register form by use their CSS class.

You can try use Ice Mega Menu to do that

Thanks

I have the IceMegaMenu module installed and set the child menu type to Modules and set the Display of Modules to the BT Login module I created as a new module with module type mod_bt_login module. I am still getting nothing when I click on the menu item.

Hi again, after several months of BT login working great, probably after the last update of joomla to 2.5.27 it does something kind of strange. Login works as it should but if you press register link in the login popup, it does not generates the register popup but seems like it is trying cause you can see a small pixel in the upper left corner.

???

is there a solution for this

So sorry, takis.

I forgot to reply you.

Your problem is really strange.

First, I know you hide all login and register buttons, you only need to use menu item to show Login form.

But BT Login allow user to hide login button but login form is still rendered, so you can show it with a menu item

But if you hide register button, register login form isn't also rendered, so you can't show it any way.

The "Register Link " is also hidden with this case.

And it is thing that i don't understand.

Why is the link showed?

Maybe there is an error that i don't know.

But it is easy to fix it.

First open BT Login manage page, enable Registration Button. to make registration form is rendered.

Then open file /mod_bt_login/tmpl/default.php

Remove this code

<!-- Registration button -->
<?php
if($enabledRegistration){
$option = JRequest::getCmd('option');
$task = JRequest::getCmd('task');
if($option!='com_user' && $task != 'register' ){
?>
<span id="btl-panel-registration" class="<?php echo $effect;?>"><?php echo JText::_('JREGISTER');?></span>
<?php }
} ?>

It make Registration Button disappear.

That is my trick.

Now you can use register link to call registration form.

Hi Tronghm, and thank you once again for your great support here at Bow Themes, i did follow your instructions and this helped me make the register button disappear and also call the registration modal through the link but this modal is appearing in a strange point, it is not appearing in the middle of the page that you are in but you have to scroll down and it's in the left bottom (almost) corner.

Hi

I got the problem

It is stupid logic of BT Login.

It always must check register button for effect "dropdown" or "modal" by look up this button's class while it can get effect from global option.

We will note it and upgrade BT Login to fix the problem

Now, please open file /mod_bt_login/tmpl/js/default.js

Find this line

if(BTLJ(el).hasClass("btl-modal")){

change it to

if(btlOpt.EFFECT == "btl-modal"){

You will see the line appear 2 times, you can change both of them.

Enjoy it.

There are many people with the same issue and I have yet to find a post that explains a solution to this question of how to popup a login form by clicking on a menu item.

HI Martin.

Please read the topics carefully, I gave solution and some peoples said they solved the problem.

This problem is also discussed many times and the module's document also says about it.

Please read it again.

Thanks

Hi tronghm and many thanks for this great extension

I read the instructions and was able to pop BTLogin with a menu link, but I still have the welcome message ("Hi, usename" or "Hi, name"), please check example attached, with nothing happening on click on it, Is it also possible to hide the welcome message please?

Thanks for your feedback

example.png

Hello tronghm,

Have just installed BT Login 2.6.4 and planning to purchase BT Social Login. Has there been an updated solution to get the BT login appear as a Menu Item and as popup when clicked ? I guess the same solution will appear to BT Social Login ?

Secondly, I'm having my default joomla login whenever I need to login and not BT Login. I thought it would automatically replace the joomla login.

The documentation (since 2012) does not help much.

Thanks for your clarifications.