david rosario

[Solved] Bt Login Says: Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet

91 posts in this topic

Hi,

First of all thanks a lot for this fantastic extension.

I always find amazing how people complain in forums about free extensions it is clear that they don't have a clue how complicate it is to develop software and make it compatible with all different joomla versions and browsers.

Anyway...

we fix the login problem using the folowing code

//oe to solve error
while (ob_get_level()) {
ob_end_clean();
}

//self::ajaxResponse($error);

after line 377 on helper.php

//preform the login action
$error = $mainframe->login($credentials, $options);

not sure how it is working because is not sending the ajaxResponse back but works perfect in:

joomla 2.5.8

* @package mod_bt_login - BT Login Module

* @version 2.4.4

Thanks again,

Eduardo

Thanks eduardo

it works fine now.

I switched to using this module after updating to Joomla 3.1

I had this same error.

After a little debugging, I made a simple change in your code that seems to have fixed it.

In helper.php - ajax() function (line 435)...

//preform the login action

$error = $mainframe->login($credentials, $options);

I changed to...

//perform the login action

$is_ok = $mainframe->login($credentials, $options);

if(!$is_ok) {

self::ajaxResponse($is_ok);

}

$error was returning 1 (true) if the login was successful. I changed that variable to $is_ok (just to avoid confusion as to what "1" means). Then the only time you need to call the ajaxResponse() function is if $is_ok IS NOT 1 (e.g. false - not true - not ok).

That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks Phil Bauer

Hi,

I am having the "Username and password do not match" issue with my website (www.ultimate.ticweb.com). I have narrowed down the issue to some sort of conflict with one of my other modules located on the left of my webpage. When I have that module published, BT Login will stop working and only give me the "Username and Password do not match" error. When I remove the module, BT Login will function correctly again.

Can I get some assistance on how I might work around this? I tried modifying my helper.php file as suggested by others, but was not able to fix the issue.

Hi Tronghm,

Sorry for the slow reply. Was having problems with the bowthemes website, the forum kept asking me to log in even though I had already logged in.

I am using a custom module called zuluru to manage a sports league. I am not sure if that information will help you much. However I was playing around with the settings in the BT_Login module and found that if I set the 'Integrated Component' setting to 'Users Component', then it will accept my login info. If i leave it to 'None', then it will always reject the login info.

Unfortunately, when I use the setting 'Users Component', I still get a nice modal pop-up, but the formatting is not that great. It looks like the default joomla login. Is there any way to either

A.) Get BT_Login module to work with the 'None' setting

or

B.) Change the formatting of the 'Users Component' setting to look like 'None'?

You can visit my website to get an idea of what I mean (www.ultimate.ticweb.com)

In truth, i still can't find reason of the problem.

Why log in via BT Login is different with User Login module.

I will try to find it out.

With changing style of User Login option, you completely can override it layout and add other style.

I can give you advice.

Almost module can be override layout by copy their layout file in folder /modules/module name/tmpl/default.php to folder /templates/template name/html/module name/

Then edit anything in new file to create to new file, add new class.

To change style (font, color, ..) you can add new CSS rule to your template css file, or more carefully, adđ to the module a class sufix.

And use this class suffix to add other style for the module.

I'm sorry for my bad English, i hope you can understand :D

Good luck.

I'm sorry for my late.

If you try some solutions but they don't help you.

Please give me your admin account and your URL via private message , i will help you.

thanks

Hello I have same issue :

Logging to my site and saying

USERNAME AND PASSWORD DO NOT MATCH OR YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT YET

BUT ON PAGE REFRESH ITS ALREADY LOGGED IN..

and on register it's saying Invalid Token

Hi.

I think that there is a plugin or extension interrupt login request.

Please give me your URL and admin account via private message.

I will check it.

Hi, I see this question has had over 25,000 views, so I am perhaps in good company. I have used BT Login on a Joomla 2.5 site for several years with no problem. I am now re-building the site in Joomla 3.4 and have installed the BT Login module for Joomla 3. I get the dreaded "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet". My test website is at: http://www.eurodolphin.com/bcb3/index.php/en/. I will send you the admin login by email.

Hi Alan.

I'm sorry for my late.

Did you solve the problem?

I don't see you send email or private message for this problem.

If you still need help, i hope i can have a chance to support you.

Thanks so much.

Okay I got it solved after a couple of days tinkering. Disable the plugin :   System - Page Cache.

By the way, 
1. My BT Login module configurations page/ Modules tab says " BT Login Module Version 2.6.1 BT Login module is alternate Joomla! login module  BT Login Module Version 2.6.1 " - that's 2.6.1
2. The description tab has
   a. version 2.6.1 in the title
   b. but says down below  Your current versions is 2.6.0. Find our latest versions now
   c. your download page says  Latest version :  2.6.4 mod_bt_login_j2.5&j3.x_j2.5_v2.6.4.zip
   d. after installing your download it says that the installation is successful, now you have 2.6.0 installed    

Some people here naively thinks that just because an extension is free then users should not complain. We spend unhesitatingly on premium extensions and memberships and we would be more than willing to spend on good extensions if the free ones convince us that  the support is reliable, prompt and the product will not cost us more in lost time and sales than its price. The standard of care and meticulousness exercised in producing free extensions carry on its back a responsibility to users in addition to an impact on their purchase decisions.

Edited by Flameater Flameater
The WYSIWYG editor is buggy and did not allow completion of the first post