Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jLynn

Image Upload Fail Issue

86 posts in this topic

There have been many individuals reporting the same issue with the image upload fail (image.jpg - undefined/failed).

Your reply is to send Joomla admin access to the site??? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

With so many individuals reporting this issue, can your team not replicate and fix? I will be happy to provide more information about my system config, but for our clients' security, not admin access.

NOTE:

I am running Joomla v 1.7.1 and have tried both BT Slideshow v1.0.1 and 1.0.2

I am on a Mac and have tried on Safari (v5.1), Firefox (v6.0.2), and Chrome (v14.0.835.202) - uploading via file manager and drag and drop. All with the same result.

If you like, I can send you a list of the extensions I have installed.

Looking forward to your reply... and a fix!

Hi!

I am so sorry but seems our module have problem about upload images in MAC OS. We will check it again and fix this bug as soon as possible. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks and Regards,

Bow Themes

I have had the same issue but have tried on Mac and Firefox on Windows and still get Upload Failed , undefined.

Joomla 1.7

thanks

I just successfully installed the module and via drag and drop could upload the images (all 500x333 pixels and in total approx.670kB.

When I then press the save button I get a Confirm Navigation dialog: "The files are being uploaded, if you leave now the upload will be cancelled. Are you sure you want to leave this page?" I decided to stay on the page. But after half an hour I still get this dialog. Uploading doesn't take that long, does it?

See attached screenshot

post-946-1350037587401_thumb.jpg

I just successfully installed the module and via drag and drop could upload the images (all 500x333 pixels and in total approx.670kB.

When I then press the save button I get a Confirm Navigation dialog: "The files are being uploaded, if you leave now the upload will be cancelled. Are you sure you want to leave this page?" I decided to stay on the page. But after half an hour I still get this dialog. Uploading doesn't take that long, does it?

Thank you for your feedback!

This is javascript notice. Please click to "Leave this page" for save your setting. We will fix this bug at next versions.

Thanks and regards,

Bow Themes

Sorry to bug you on this but, I need to know if I need to be looking for an alternate on the slideshow module for Joomla 1.7. I really like the look of what you have developed and would love to use it for a project we're working on (AND make the appropriate donation for it). However, if we can't upload images on MAC OS, then we have to look elseware.

Thanks!

jLynn

Sorry to bug you on this but, I need to know if I need to be looking for an alternate on the slideshow module for Joomla 1.7. I really like the look of what you have developed and would love to use it for a project we're working on (AND make the appropriate donation for it). However, if we can't upload images on MAC OS, then we have to look elseware.

Thanks!

jLynn

Hi jLynn!

I have tested this module on MAC OS and everything works well (both Safari, Firefox and Chrome). Could you create for me an site to test, I will debug at your site. Thank you so much!

Regards,

BT

Thank you very much for your time - I have sent login information to the following email address:

support@bowthemes.com

Hi!

I checked your site and I see your server don't support gd library (for crop images) so images can not save to your server. Please enable GD Library in php.ini file. (Contact with your hosting services)

Regards,

Bow Themes

I did install BTSlideshow yesterday and have the same problem when uploading pictures (with Firefox 7.0.1).

Joomla release is 1.7.1.

I hope you will find a fix for this problem soon.

Kind regards,

Nico

I did install BTSlideshow yesterday and have the same problem when uploading pictures (with Firefox 7.0.1).

Joomla release is 1.7.1.

Kind regards,

Nico

Hi!

Please check your website and make sure that:

1. Folder : mod_btslideshow/images was set "write" permission (777).

2. GD Library was enable (check php.ini file)

If all above can't help you, please send your url and joomla account admin to our email (support@bowthemes.com), we will check it for you.

Regards,

Bow Themes

I am also having same issue in joomla 1.5 there is no upload option in module parameter

Hi!

Please check your website and make sure that:

- All your plugin upgrade mootools are latest version. Please read the topic to more information : No options upload images

- Send your url and joomla admin account to our email (Support@bowthemes.com). I will check it for you

Regards,

Bow Themes

Joomla release is 1.7.1.

Kind regards,

Nico

I check your site and I see your hosting does not support tmpfile function for creates a temporary file (Click here for more information about this function).Typically, all server support this function because it's normal function of php. I must change something in my upload file (). Please download attachment and replace it.

Thank and regards,

Bow Themes

Replace this file : mod_btslideshow/fileuploader.php

[attachment=14]fileuploader.zip[/attachment]

P/S : I replaced it for you on your site. So it work fine now.

Hi,

thank you very much for your support. It works fine now.

I have uploaded quite a few images now, and using the same method as described in an another comment on this site: upload 3-10 images (depending on the size) and then use the save-button. :) :)

Kind regards,

Nico

Hello guide,

You can help me about the upload image just for fail when i upload,

i try to fix it with permission any problem but now i see the problem but how can i fix it because it error with the:

Window.onDomReady is not a function

[break On This Error] Window.onDomReady(function(){

$("combobox-position-select") is null

[break On This Error] $('combobox-position-select').addEvent('change', function() {

So how can i fix it and do it for working well,

Best regards,

Vanna :)

Hello guide,

You can help me about the upload image just for fail when i upload,

i try to fix it with permission any problem but now i see the problem but how can i fix it because it error with the:

Window.onDomReady is not a function

[break On This Error] Window.onDomReady(function(){

$("combobox-position-select") is null

[break On This Error] $('combobox-position-select').addEvent('change', function() {

So how can i fix it and do it for working well,

Best regards,

Vanna :)

This is error of an other plugins/modules. Could you send me your url and Joomla admin account? I will fix it for you. (send it via email : support@bowthemes.com)

Regards,

Bow Themes.

Hi, I'm reporting same failure error on my website. I'm using Win XP and Firefox.

Permissions on /images folder are 777.

I've tried all the solutions described in this thread and uploaded the images in the /images folder manually too but the problem remains...

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Hi, I'm reporting same failure error on my website. I'm using Win XP and Firefox.

Permissions on /images folder are 777.

I've tried all the solutions described in this thread and uploaded the images in the /images folder manually too but the problem remains...

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Hi!

I think this error because your server not allowing to run php file in 2 folder external root directory and root / administrator. Please test it :

- Upload an simply php file to images folder (images) example (test.php)

- Call it from your url (yourdomain.com/images/test.php)

- If an 500 error appear, please contact to your hosting services and they will solve it for you.

One question : Have you used our module at your local host? How it works?

If it too much trouble, please send me your joomla account (via email : support@bowthemes.com), I will check it for you.

Regards,

Bow Themes

Hi admin,

For me the same goes as the TS: the module works like a charm on my localhost, but on the hosts' server I can't upload (777 is on the map, etc.) Now I was thinking: is it possible to configure the module on my localhost website and when it's ready just copy the mod_btslideshow map to the actual website ? Thanks for answering and keep op programming!

Mike

Hi Admin, thank you for your answer.

I've tried the "test.php" test and it works. I can read the text inside the test.php file.

No 500 error occured.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0