Michael Abate

Popup Button

22 posts in this topic

I wanted to use the popup for the contact form without the floating button. Is there a way to have a fixed button in a module position that works as the popup? Thanks.

Hi Micheal.

The module has a prametter is "HTML Element ID", it allow you use any element on your site to open pop up form as long as the module must be in Pop up type and published.

You can make a fixed button and use it's id.

Second way, please see section Tips to Use in module's backend, You will see a small trick show you how to call popup menu from any where

Use this anchor tag in content of article (View HTML mode)

<a href="#" class="bt-quick-contact" rel="module_id">Some text</a>

Hope it works :)

Thank you for this information. The popup now works with text in my article but the floating button is still visible. How can I make it so that the popup only works with the button I create and I deactivate the floating button on the side?

Regards.

Hi

You can find these line and remove them in /tmpl/default/default.php in the module's folder

if ($params->get('form_type') == 'popup') {
$style .= ' display: none;';
?>
<div class="btqc-float-button">
<a class="bt-quick-contact" href="#" rel="<?php echo $moduleID ?>"><?php echo JText::_('FEED_BACK') ?></a>
</div>
<?php
}
?>

Sorry for my delay

So, if the pop up contact form I made has a joomla id of 198, what exactly am I putting in rel=""? Should it just be the id number? Because that's not working. I've tried a few different things, nothing seems to work...

Sorry if I'm a bit dense but I'll need you to spell this one out for me.

<a href="#" class="bt-quick-contact" rel="module_id">Some text</a>

to open contact form.

Hi guy

I have a question.

Did you published the module on Home page?

Please notice that you must still publish the module on pages you want to use the link to call it

Yes, the module is published on the page where I would like it to working. My link looks like this: <a class="bt-quick-contact" href="#" rel="198">contact us</a>

I'm sorry but i can't still fine the module in page source. Please give me your url and admin account via extensions@bowthemes.com. (include this topic's url)

I will check it directly

I have been trying to follow these directions for placing the link to the popup in my article.

My module ID is 89, so I used the following in my article:

<a href="#" class="bt-quick-contact" rel="89">Some text</a>

When I click on the link it does nothing.

I have published the module on the all the pages.

when I hover over the link, it appears to be trying to point to my current page followed by a "#"

Please Help

I have just gone through all these message and for some reason I am still having problems. What I would like to do is link one of my menu items to open the popup rather than the floating button. Can you please help me?

Is the Menu Item set up as an external link? And if so what would the link be.

For example:

My Menu Item ID is 108. I put that into the HTML Element ID in the BT Contact Module and nothing happened.

Can you please clarify?

Link to my site: Abate Designs

The Feedback button is on the right side, which I will remove once the Menu item works. Also, when I assign the module to a posititon it creates a white space. See Copyright area of site. Advice?

Thanks.

Hi

Please take a look to my attached image.

Right HTML Class must be item108 not 108.

But the module only support use ID, so look 2nd red rectangle. Because you can use any id of any element on you webpage so You can use it (a-1382582352201218) to call contact form.

And the module has a parameter "Show FeedBack Button" to show/hide float button. You can use it to remove the button.

One more question, the space doesn't show when you don't publish the module, do it?

post-106919-0-20070000-1382582974_thumb.

1. I am a bit confused. I want my 'Contact Us' link in the main menu to activate the popup. What do I set up the Menu Item as. Right now I have it as an 'External URL' but what would I put under 'Link'.
  2. In order for the module to work it needs to be published so I need to select a module position in order for it to appear. When I do the white space appears where I position it. Is there a way to publish the module without the white space?

post-84934-0-85697400-1382625163_thumb.p

1. You only need enter "a-1382582352201218" to HTML Element ID parameter and Turn off "Show Feedback button"

2. Please try to choose other position, include position that has other modules published.

I guess that, when you choose current position to publish BT quick contact. Template will show this position that is styled with some CSS (margin, padding) but BT quick contact is hidden in Modal mode. So the position will empty, it is only a white space.

You can try to choose other position

So I am back to solve this problem I am having. I want to use one of my menu items to open the Contact Form. I have created an external menu item called 'Contact Us' and the ID is item113. I have put this into the HTML ID in the module and it still doesn't work. Can you please help me figure this out? Thank you.