Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sal

Links from OUR NEWS module

4 posts in this topic

Kien,

The demo site does not have sample links in the OUR NEWS module (located in SIDEBAR-1 position on the homepage). I love the way this module is designed and am curious about adding links to it.

Normally links are added in the html code, corect? So, in this case the links should be added via the OUR NEWS module. However, i see that you guys chose to add links to related images through the TEMPLATE.CSS file.

So, is it better to insert links in the module or in the CSS file for this module? Then I am wondering, should the links be added to the text, the image, or better perhaps to the entire block so that no matter where your cursor within the block is, it will hit the link.

Can you help me with the sample link as you would do it linking one of the blocks in this module (let's say "Apple Store") to a separate article.

Thank you!

To clarify my question: I know how to insert <a href> links around either the main title of each block, or around the subtitle. examples of that would be:

<div class="left-html">

<ul>

<li class="as">

<div class="icon">

<h3><a href="/index.php/en/samplearticle">Apple Store</a></h3>

<p><a href="/index.php/en/samplearticle">Vestibulum est ante, accumsan nec</a></p>

</div>

</li>

What I would like to do instead is this: when you move the mouse cursor on top of a block in the module it activates the blue hover background. I would love to be able to click anywhere within that blue background in order to activate the link. And so far I was not able to ddo that on my own due to limited knowledge of html. I hope this clarifies my question.

Try adding: style="diplay:block;width:100%;height:100%;" to your <a href>

<a> tag is normally displayed inline; if you want to be able to link the entire div, you gotta display it as a block and specify the dimensions (in this case 100%)

Hope it helps