mace farel

slide all child category with some list item on that child category on parent category block

4 posts in this topic

hi there, i want to ask something with BT content slider.. is it possible for slide all child category on one parent category with some list k2 item on that child category with BT content slider on K2 category like image on attach file?

thanks for any answer :)

post-191898-0-36792700-1368605790_thumb.

Hi Mace.

In truth, i am sure that it is possible. But i can't give me a details what you should do or a source code for this. I can only give some instruction.

First, You should understand jquery library we use in BT Content Slider. It's http://www.slidesjs.com/

Second, you need to know how to get data from database. As you see in "classes" folder, we have 3 files: content.php, k2.php and btporfolio.php. We use these files to get data from 3 components Joomla Content, K2 and Our BT Porfolio.

All of them inherit "BTSource" class (btsource.php).

This is hardest step. You need to know PHP and SQL

Finally, you have to render data to HTML as what you want. It should base on old structure to make sure that Slide Js works normally.

Thanks for your interesting.

HI

We use own Joomla Content Model to get articles. You can reference content.php file to see how to use model and see /components/com_content/models fo all models of this component.

Or you can use plaint text SQL query to get it. see file k2.php