Robert Rama

Mobile Layout Needs Work

4 posts in this topic

The Mobile layout for JomSocial and Kunena needs some work. The following screenshots were taken on a Galaxy S4 and appear consistent with online mobile emulators. You may test this using user account "Test User" password "qwerty" at http://fenix.tribalsurf.net/

1) Everything is flush right.

There appears to be decent margin to the left, top and bottom however zero margin on the right. You can see this in the screenshots that follow.

2) JomSocial Status Update Events icon bleeds over

As seen in this screenshot, the Events icon for status update bleeds into the next line. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

profile1.jpg

3) JomSocial Events creation boxes bleed out of screen.

As seen in this screenshot, the input boxes do not resize and appear to bleed out of the screen.

events1.jpg

4) Kunena forum posts don't appear to be resizing at all.

As seen in this screenshot, the left-side profile takes up much of the layout and only a portion of the actual post is shown.

forum1.jpg

The buttons at the bottom of the post suggest it is adapting to mobile but are bunched up to the left side.

forum2.jpg

I've looked at the Layout tab in the BT Travel template extension and I can see how elements can be resized. However I don't know if this will simply bunch up content or properly resize or remove elements.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[edit] I'm using Joomla 2.5.9; JomSocial 2.8.4.2; Kunena 3.0.0 and BT Travel 2.1.

Edited by Robert Rama

Hi Kien, were you able to fix these issues? I don't think these are custom work issues. This is what mobile looks like on the demo installation as well. Unless you guys meant for it to look like this?