Seow Wee

On click, Article Title is not appearing

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I must say BT Content Slider is exactly what I need for the website I am working on. However, there is just one flaw I encountered. The article titles are missing from the page when article/category is clicked.

However if the category blog and articles are opened directly from menu, the titles can be displayed.

It is just this problem that I am not able to use this extension.

Other info.:

- Joomla 2.5

- Yootheme theme template (Solar)

- Content source - Joomla Categories

- Link: http://skincaredb.com/ns

Hope to know how this problem can be resolved. Thanks in advance.

Hi Seow.

The problem is when you click article from BT Content Slider, the link doesn't contain Menu Item Id. As you see, the "Home" menu item is still activated instead of "What's news" as you click from category blog.

So I think that you don't include categories of the articles that you use for BT Content slider in What's New blog page.

If i say right, please try to do that.

Hi Tronghm,

Thanks for your advice. I think you are saying to move the articles out of What's New blog page. To do this, I change the article category to a new category 'Blog'. The titles of the articles are still not appearing. I also tried using Article IDs setting in BT Content Slider, also same outcome. Any idea?

Thank you.

Hi

I checked your problem, It is really like problem i said.

Joomla can't get Menu Item when you click article's link from BT Content Slider, show Joomla assign it to "Home" menu item.

And you configured layout of "Home" page is Feature Articles and hidden title.

I created a new menu "Blog Test" and new menu item "Blog" with "Category Blog" type. I assign this menu item to "Blog" category that you use for BT Content Slider.

Now you can see the title is showed without activated menu item.