lt635

Slideshow image ratio

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am having some issue displaying images in the portfolio slideshow. Some images are very stretched and it does not look all that great.

I have tried varous image options, it is currently set to 'resize and keep ratio'. I have clicked on the 'rebuild images', but they are still very stretched.

You can view some examples here: http://www.landscapingnaturally.com.au/website/index.php/gallery/traditional/dudley

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Thank you

Kind regards

Lene

Hi Lene

Let me explain for this problem.

You see the images are stretch on slideshow because it get "Image Width" and "Image Height" parameters to make its size.

They are also get to make images's size.

But when you set Resize image by Resize and keep ratio.

Ratio of resized images will be ratio of original images not set Size.

So, they are stretch on slideshow.

If you want to keep ratio of images you can use Media Slideshow instead of Skitter Slideshow.

Cheers

Hi Tronghm,

I tried the Media Slideshow, not as nice as the other slideshow. It would be good to display images at the same height and keep proportion so you don't have the page jumping up and down. There is no auto slide to it either and you cannot click to enlarge like you do with the other.

Thank you

Regards

Lene

I don't understand your last message clearly.

Maybe, my reply can't help you.

But Skitter Slider can't display images in other ratio.

Images should be cropped.

I am having the same issue. When my images are portrait and I am using the Media slideshow they are very tall and forces the user to have to scroll down to see the entire image. Isn't there a way to fix the images so that they are all the same height and don't ever get stretched?

Hi

I recommend you should resize the image on local before upload it to server.

Because with original size, image is better than it is resized when it is showed on slider.

But we also try to find solution to fix slideshow height instead of fix width.

I am having the same issue. When my images are portrait and I am using the Media slideshow they are very tall and forces the user to have to scroll down to see the entire image. Isn't there a way to fix the images so that they are all the same height and don't ever get stretched?

I somewhat resolved this issue with my images being portrait and landscape (using the default theme) by changing the following CSS:

components/com_bt_portfolio/themes/default/css/btportfoliomedia.css

.pmshow .bt-mainimg{

/**width:100%;**/

max-width:100%;

}

And then centered the images by changing this CSS:

components/com_bt_portfolio/themes/default/css/style.css

.btp-slideshow{

padding: 10px 0px;

margin-bottom:10px;

text-align: center;

}