Alex Chartier

BT Social Login Ajax Popup Disappears on J3

15 posts in this topic

This is a follow on from the basic BT Login module problem reported in that forum.

I have installed the updated files as suggested. The popup displays in the correct position and the immediately closes.

I am experiencing 2 other problems:

1. I do not see the option to not display the login button, I had this option on the BT Login module. I use the login assigned to a menu position via the login tags option so do not wish to see the login button on my menu.
  2. I do not see my social login buttons on the modal popup.

I am sending url and login details by email.

Thanks.

Hi Alex

Please try to use my file to replace file /mod_bt_sociallogin/tmpl/js/default.js to fix the problem.

And if your want to remove the button login

Please open file tmpl/css/style2.0.css

Add this css rule

#btl-panel-login{display: none}

This is a trick because we haven't upgrade bt social login liek bt login.

Thanks so much

default.zip

Popup still disappears with this new file. However, when I implimented your css change and clicked on the module in the menu it does indeed stay open. It only closes when I use the login button.

I am still not seeing my social login buttons though.

Also, it would seem to me that you would update your commercial products faster than your free ones. Isn't that what we pay for?

Any thoughts on why I am not seeing any of the social buttons? I have enabled all 3 and set up my clientIDs and secrets, but not buttons display.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. you can use the login details from my previous pm to access the site.

HI Alex.

At the moment i see the popup problem is solved and three social login buttons appear but there is problem with twitter login, but i can't login your site with account that you gave me via private message.

Please check it.

Thanks

I now see the social login buttons. Not sure why they did not show before. At any rate, is there a way to line them up horizontally instead of vertically?

The buttons do not currently work with the login credentials because this is a test site and I did not configure the private IP hostname with google/twitter/facebook.

Do you have a timeline for upgrading this plugin to the level of the free version? I would also like to see a lnkedin login added.

Thanks.

Hi Alex.

Please see this image

http://prntscr.com/5h14at

YOu have custom CSS style for the module at file custom.css

Please remove it to horizontal align buttons.

With your question, i'm afraid that we don't have schedule for linkedin button

But it is support with BT Social Connect component.

please check it.

Thanks so much

OK, thanks. I had that CSS for the BT Login module to as the lost password/username lines fields were too short and they split across 2 lines. This was no longer needed with BT Social Login.

At any rate, I have now switched over to BT Social Component to get the LinkdIn login and now have the same disappearing popup as I had with BT Login and BT Social.

Can you take a look? Same site, same logins. Thanks.

Hi please open file /mod_bt_socialconnect_login/tmpl/js/default.js

Find this code

BTLJ(elements).click(function (event) {
showLoginForm();
event.preventDefault();
});

and change it to

BTLJ(elements).click(function (event) {
showLoginForm();
event.stopPropagation();
});

The problem will be solved

Problem is indeed solved with this. Note to anyone else who finds their way here, the correct path is: /mod_btsocialconnect_login/tmpl/js/default.js (drop the one underline)

I have run into another problem which I need to investigate further. For now we can consider this closed.