Rob

Bt Socail Connect - Linkedin and Google+

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I have successfully implemented the Twitter and Facebook platforms through your component, however, I am having difficulty with Google+ and Linkedin.

I also noticed that the documentation does not quite match the current app setup screens, so I wondered if maybe things have changed on these platforms since.

The error on Linkedin popup reads:

"invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API Key"

I have entered my URL in the oauth2 callback field, but I'm not sure if this is correct . . .

The Google+ post generates a "success" popup, but the message status reads "error", there are no further messages or additional info.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried settings as per your screen shots, but no joy. I still cannot seem to connect Google + or Linked in.

Images of settings attached.

Thanks again.

Rob.

post-122940-0-49644900-1429832752_thumb.post-122940-0-76445700-1429832758_thumb.

Please try one more solution.

With G+ please click button reset secret then use new key to set the component up.

Do same thing with Linkedin, reset application key and use new one for BT Social Connect.

If it is not affect, please give me your admin account via private message or extensions@bowthemes.com. I will check it.

Hi I have tried your updated suggestion, to no avail, I still cannot get the connections to work for google + and Linkedin.

For linkedin I tried creating a new app with your suggested urls in uri redirect fields etc, still not working however.

I have emailed log in details to you.

thanks for your help.

Rob.

Hi Rob.

I'm so sorry for my late.

I hope i still have a chance to support you.

I checked my inbox but don't see your email.

Maybe it is sent to Spam folder.

Please sent it again and include this topic URL

Thanks

No problem.

I have emailed again, I've tried from 2 different email addresses.

Thanks for returning to the topic, I have been away myself, so ok with that.

Rob.

On 5/12/2015 at 7:55 AM, tronghm said:

Hi Rob.

I'm so sorry for my late.

I hope i still have a chance to support you.

I checked my inbox but don't see your email.

Maybe it is sent to Spam folder.

Please sent it again and include this topic URL

Thanks

Hi there, I have also been trying to do the above suggestions to solve the redirection errors which occur with  with Google or Linked in.

Still getting the same error codes as before.

I am currently running 1.0 and I note that you have recently released a new version.

Does this newer version  address the the logging in issues?

I note that version 1.2.5 has no instructions on how to update it from version1.0.

This is the first time in a long time that a developer has issued an update without also including the installation documentation or instructions on how to update the product.

Can you please clarify, what is the best method for installing and updating the products

Is there any help on either of the two issues I have raised?

Can anyone please tell me how to make changes in v1.0. so that the extension  verifies the email address which the new user has provided before their have access to the site.

At the moment once they put in their email address and complete the registration form their new account becomes live without their account being activated  through their email address. 

Can anyone confirm what are the correct setting which I have to make to ensure activation through their email address first before access to the site?.

Thanks