Mitchell

Sorting by extra fields

11 posts in this topic

Is it possible to add in more sorting preferences in the property sorting area? Right now there are only sorting by price but I would like to sort by the number of bedrooms ascending and descending.

Did I understand you correctly, but to solve your problem not need to use the database. In this topic are shown the way to the file you want to edit. If your site is located on the local server, these files can be found in folders on your computer. If your site is hosted, these files can be found via the control panel of your hosting provider. Or via FTP. Or upload to your site Profiles extension.

I understand where I can access these files, my problem currently lies here:

case '4':
$ordering = 'status';
$orderingDir = 'desc';
break;
[/CODE]

What would I need to replace with "status" to allow me to reference my extra fields?

To deal with this issue, I should be tested. Sorry, I'm not a master Joomla. Probably moderator Tronghm help you to resolve the issue.

Sorry for my curiosity, but why do you need a filter in this sort? Maybe it would be easier to place next to the list of real estate filter? And configure it to be able to filter the real estate for additional fields?

Like here?

http://prntscr.com/7uua3b

I don't want to use the filter because I have many of the properties filtered already by location in separate pages, filtering even more would cause too much whitespace in my pages so sorting would be the best way to go. The property filter on the homepage is already sufficient if any users wish to specifically look for properties.

I had a look at the database, I think the way to do this is to select value from _bt_property_extrafields_values joined with _bt_properties and _bt_property_extrafields. Anyone want to check and confirm this for me?

Hi Dmitry, you help us many times.

And I'm sorry Mitchell.It is not easy to sort property by extrafield. you need more PHP and SQL technique.

In this time i am afraid of that I can't help you.

Really really sorry.