Marcin Dabkus

Problem with sharing articles - only title hope page shows up

8 posts in this topic

Hello. Since some time I've been experiencing a problem with sharing articles through your plugin. On almost all articles, when I click on the 'share' button, a popup window shows up which only displays the home page without any images or desciption. When I put the url in the Facebook Debugger, I get the following critical error: "Could Not Connect To Server. Check that the webserver is running, and that there are no firewalls blocking Facebook's crawlers.". I'm using Joomla 2.5 and the K2 component. The sharing worked fine in the past, I don't know what happened since I haven't done any changes in the site recently. Could it be due to the changes in the API Facebook made? Anyway, I would appreciate any help since I cannot find a solution anywhere.

Here the url to my page: www.wama-sport.pl

Best Regards,

Marcin.

Hello, thank you for a quick response. I've contacted my hosting provider and they confirm that the problem is not on their side.

UPDATE (08/08/2015): I've been investigating the issue further and I discovered that when I try to scape the data for any article in Facebook Debugger, facebook manages to retrieve the data correctly about 1 out of 10 tries. It still has problem with downloading the image then (although it has correct size) but this is probably a different issue. So it seems that my site does not permanently block Facebook to get the data.

One more thing to note, then I try to scrape the data, the process takes Facebook Debugger about 6 seconds after which it throws the error. But when it succeeds (1 of of 10 times), it takes it about 1 second to display the data.

Hope this additional information will help pinpoint the casue of this.

Regards,

Marcin.

Edited by Marcin Dabkus

Hi Marcin

I'm really sorry for my late.

I don't know if you solved the problem, but i see it worked on an article now.

If the error still exists please give me a page that you see the problem, i will try to test it again.

Hello I have a similar problem:

-------

We have installed your BT share plugin onto joomla 2.5.28 site and configured it. When we share the article for linkedin the popup window only displays mind2biz.com.tr as the link. We can observe meta tags added in the source code of the very page. The link displayed directs to the correct article. But we lack of image, title, description etc. and the correct link address. I'll appreciate your help. Dilaralinkedinshare.png