John

BT Google Maps Error Message

10 posts in this topic

Having loaded a copy of my website onto a MAMP server on my computer in order to check the effect of updates to Joomla and extensions prior to updating the site on the public server.

Without updating anything yet on this test site, all Google Maps throughout the site open very briefly and are then replaced by the message:

“Sorry! Something went wrong. This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.”

Can you help me resolve this problem?

Error Message.jpg

I transferred my site to MAMP from an Akeeba backup file using Kickstart and can only assume that an anomaly has been created in that process.

As a designer rather than a developer, I’m slightly out of my comfort zone with this level of intrusion into script errors.  But having followed the instruction to “See the JavaScript console for technical details”, I can see errors highlighted (see attached) but have no idea how to rectify them.

console-errors.jpg

Hi,

I am facing the same error:

Sorry, Something has gone wrong. Please check your Java console. 

Can you please tell me where to find the java console and what I need to do as I am a beginner in web designing.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

To view the console, as shown in my previous post, use Firefox as your browser, open your page and use the Firebug extension to see where your error lies.

However, it transpired that the problem arrises from Google having changed their policy and now require that in order to use Google maps your module must contain a Google Map API Key.

To get a key login to Google and go through their procedure to have them issue you with a key. 

Once you have that, open your BT Google Maps module in Joomla and at the bottom of the column of the first set of options [Module] you’ll find a dialogue box entitled “Google Map API Key”. Enter the code you’ve been given here... and everything will work.

Hi, I have this problem.
When I use the GoogleMaps BT module, I get this message "For development purposes only". I've also added the Google Map API Key, it works for 1 minute after the wording reappears.

Schermata 2018-10-19 alle 18.22.45.jpg

Hi

It's a couple of years since I had an issue with BT Google Maps, but as far as I can remember I resolve the problem by updating the BT module.