Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nico van de Kamp

Google API error

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have used the BT Google Maps voor the site of volleybalclub. This works fine but I was checking in the past weeks and now doesn't it work anymore.

But can someone say which API must I choose? For now I have the "Maps Embed Api" enabled. But I get the error " Google Maps JavaScript API error: InvalidKeyMapError". But if I enable this API than the quota is 1, so 1 time it will works for the day!

And the Google Maps Javascript API, is not free so we have to pay.

Can someone explain or tell me which API do I need? I only will show a map with the address of the sporthall.

I seems to me that it is not difficult but I hope that someone can help me out this.

With regards,

Nico

Strange that there is not any reaction...

But I hope that someone will give me now a reaction. If I understand it well than the "Google Embed maps API" is not enough or this is not the right one.

Altough you can at a limit of visiters I don't want add a billing account at google! Why should I give them my Billing information if I put a limitation on the visitors? Reason: I don't want that google does have my credit card information etc.

But to get the BT Google maps extension up and running than I suppose that I need to activate the following API's as well:

• Google Javascript API
  • Google Geocoding API
  • Google Maps directions API

But for example for the "Google Javascript API", than an Google billing Account is necessary or ...?
'Now I don't have a billing account ant it works one time a per day. Is that right what I'm writing here?
The second time you will gett "For development purpose only".

Otherwise, if this is not right what I'm writing here, can somenone explain how to get this extension up and running? Or is there any documentation? Where can I find it? It is not at the documentation of "BT Google maps" pdf!

With regards,

Nico

I'm further, I believe BT Google Maps module needs an API:

• Google Maps JavaScript API
  • Google Maps Geocoding API
  • Google Maps Directions API

Which means that you need to make a billing account at Google and that such a giant company as Google does have all you're credit card information. For me is this not a nice idea certainly for a small site as my volleybal club.

There are are a few Google API's for free as Google Maps Embed and two other ones. It's a pitty, because I like the BT Google Maps very much because I could set/ configure it very well. So I'm now looking for a three alternative.

Nico