Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Claude Petitpas

BT Login Registration not sending emails

1 post in this topic

So I did a quick search to see if I could find a related topic and solution but with no luck so far.

Problem at hand, when users of the site try to register, no emails are being sent to either the site administrator nor the user trying to register. The modular message box does load and states that an email was sent to user and administrator but nothing happens.

What I've checked and tested so far: Joomla! Global Configuration tested email settings and test email did send, also checked the user profile to make sure that the administrative user  that is supposed to be receiving the emails has the feature to receive system emails enabled. I cleared the site cache, I also tried to update the module from 2.61 to 2.64. So far, no luck. 

One curiosity though, when I updated the module, if i navigate to Extensions-> Manage-> Manage and look at the BT Login entry, it shows as version 2.6.4. But when I navigate to Extensions-> Modules and click on the module, the description is still referring to version 2.6.1. Do I need to completely uninstall the module first prior to upgrading? 

Anyway, my main concern is to get the registration process working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you